The 'Person or Number 2' report launched by Aodhán Ó Ríordáin, the Minister of State for Equality, New Communities and Culture. The report examines issues, including racism, faced by immigrants in accessing social protection services in Ireland.
The 'Person or Number' report found:
• Rudeness, inappropriate behaviour, inappropriate or abusive language and instances of racism from those serving the public.
• Incorrect refusals of payments where "basic administrative procedures" had not been carried out.
• Particularly poor standards in the Community Welfare Service
• Interpreters not being provided
• "Omission of key pieces of information by officials"