a charity in Ireland operating since 2006
Our mission is to provide efficient services aimed at improving the living conditions of Poles and Europeans from Central and Eastern Europe in Cork and beyond.
We implement the objectives of our mission through completion of the following tasks:
- provision of information on broadly understood social assistance in Ireland, i.e. types of benefits, legal regulations, laws, etc.
- assistance in the proper selection, understanding and correct completion of documents necessary while applying for various social benefits
- providing our customers with social welfare guides issued in languages other than English
- organising activities aimed at helping individuals and families to strengthen or regain their ability to function in a society
- analysing and evaluating factors driving demand of immigrant communities for the Irish social assistance and creating an internal database that allows for modification and development of those activities undertaken within the Centre
- offering psychotherapeutic assistance and legal and social counselling
- organising English lessons
- U-Clinic Counselling Services
- developing programmes for solving social problems among local communities in Cork
- training volunteers in the field of activities undertaken by the Centre
- cooperating with the local government bodies of the city of Cork, relevant government administration bodies and non-governmental organisations, employers, individuals and legal entities in terms of statutory tasks
- organising workshops, training, conferences and meetings
- preparing reports, analysis, evaluations and information on the tasks carried out
- conducting original projects implemented within the Centre
- running other activities conducive to the development of the statutory objectives of the organisation.
We provide support in four areas:
1. Advice and information support
We provide advice through Legal Clinics with Irish solicitors and we conduct information seminars.
We run a unique online advice platform available to all Poles in Ireland and in Poland at www.poradniaonline.org.
We run English lessons, Polish lessons for foreigners, Polish afternoon school for Polish children called Razem Academy which is located in various places: Cork, Cobh, Ballincollig, Midleton and Clonakilty.
We also organise educational programmes for seniors.
In addition, we run a number of programmes to improve active citizenship, electoral education programmes and programmes to improve mental health.
3. Mental health
We run a clinic of integrated psychotherapeutic services, U-Clinic, for people experiencing problems such as: depression, problems in relationships, addictions, co-dependence etc.
4. Promoting integration
We participate in and organise various integration programmes.
Work statistics recorded in 2012
Number of people
who have registered with us and used our services since 2012
Number of interventions
that took place on behalf of our customers since 2012
A registered charity
We are registered in the Company Registration Office as CLG No: 517942.
We are also a fully registered charity entered into the Charities Regulator register under the number 20075125.
We have an entry at the Revenue Office as a charity and we've been granted permission to accept donations under the number CHY19216.
We are supported by the Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Dublin.
We are affiliated with the Public Participation Network in Cork.
We are a member organisation of the European Union of Polish Communities.