SOCIAL COUNSELLING IS PROVIDED UNDER THE PROJECT "SUPPORT FOR FAMILIES OF ECONOMIC MIGRANTS - LEGAL AND SOCIAL COUNSELLING CENTRE" IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE EMBASSY OF THE REPUBLIC OF POLAND IN DUBLIN
Social Counselling Office
The Social Counselling Office has been operating since 2007 and it was established in response to the needs of Poles living in Cork and County Cork who have difficulties in settling matters in offices because of their ignorance of English.
What does the office do?
- It provides information and advice on broadly understood social assistance in Ireland, i.e. types of benefits, legal regulations, laws, etc.
- Housing consultancy
- Dealing with filling out applications for social housing.
- Advising on basic principles of labour law
- Advising on pensions
- Assisting in applying for Irish citizenship
- Advising on issues related to returning to Poland
- Assisting in the proper selection, understanding and correct completion of documents necessary while applying for various social benefits.
- Assistance to those in need in communication with offices and institutions by telephone, in person and via Internet (emails, My Gov portal etc.).
- Distribution of social welfare guides issued in languages other than English.
- 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- 12:00 - 2:00 PM
people benefited from social counselling
"The project is co-financed as part of the Polish community funds of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland."
To seek advice, please register by phone at
Counselling is free of charge
Please be reminded that counselling is free of charge, but additional services that exceed the time of counselling, such as translation of documents, drawing up documents (letters, appeals, etc.), may be additionally charged according to cost estimates for translations, i.e. € 25 per A4 page.
For those who cannot come to the office, we offer a modern free online service, the Online Counselling Centre, where you can ask our social counsellor a question free of charge
Write to us